It’s that time of year again!
Get Ready for Vivian Kirkfield’s #50PRECIOUSWORDS Contest
- If you feel up for a challenge here are the guidelines. GOOD LUCK!
- Write a story appropriate for kids ages 12 or under, that has a total word count of 50 or less.
- It can be prose, rhyme, free verse, silly or serious…whatever works for you. Title is not included in the word count.
- Between February 29 and March 5, post your story in the comments of Vivian’s special contest blog
- Only ONE entry per person, please.
- Deadline for posting the story in the comments is Thursday, March 5, at 11:59pm.
- Winners will be announced Saturday, March 21.
Here’s my entry, along with an illustration, of course 😉
Emelia caught a firefly,
And for a moment
It felt like she held the moon.
“You are perfect,” she whispered.
Its amber light cradled between her fingers.
And then, she let it go.
It hovered close, as if to say, “You are perfect too!”
Then flew into the summer night.